Vanilla JS List
A growing list of organizations that use vanilla JS to build websites and web apps.
- Selfridges. Selfridges cut the load time of their site in half by using a combination of vanilla JS and native HTML components.
- GitHub. GitHub removed jQuery from their app in favor of native browser methods and custom web components. More Info on GitHub
- Netflix. By using vanilla JS for their client-side code, Loading and Time-to-Interactive decreased by 50% (they still use React server-side). More Info on Netflix
- MeetSpace. The average page on MeetSpace is ready in just 200ms. More Info on MeetSpace
- Marks & Spencer. The ecommerce site for British retailer Marks & Spencer is powered by vanilla JS.
- Front End Masters. The app was rebuilt from the ground-up with the goal of being more performant and providing a great developer experience. More Info on Front End Masters
- Hacker News. An article sharing site for startup and developer news.
- Colloq. An app to discover and manage conferences.
- Carrd. An app for building landing pages.
Get Daily Developer Tips
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web. Join 10,700+ daily subscribers.